LGB&T History Month 2013
LGB&T History Month is held in
February every year in the UK and Redditch Borough Council has
formed a partnership with other local authorities and community
organisations to create a programme of activities and initiatives
during the month.
The following events were held
- Friday 1st February – open event at The Town
Hall, introduced by Councillor Wanda King on behalf of the Mayor of
Redditch with guest speaker David Viney, Birmingham
- Wednesday 6th February - Pink Sou’westers
presented their annual LGB&T History Month “Queer Quiz”.
Contact them at email@example.com
or 07976 274271.
- Thursday 7th February – a free film and
social evening was held at Artrix, Bromsgrove with information
displays, and children’s activities.
- Saturday 16th February – film showing of
Beauty (18) at Artrix, Bromsgrove.
- Sunday 24th February – Gay Night at Fever,
Redditch. To Find out more see http://www.feverredditch.com/
- Book Displays of Lesbian, Gay and Bisexual
authors were held in Redditch Library and Bromsgrove
- In the Foyer, At Artrix, Bromsgrove,
photographic exhibition Otherness was on display throughout
The report on the outcomes for this year's LGB&T History Month
programme is available now - click here.
The 2013 programme was organised and supported
- Bromsgrove District Council Redditch Borough Council
- Redditch Borough Council
- North Worcestershire Hate Incident Partnership
- Bromsgrove and Redditch Libraries
- Fever, Redditch
- The Gender Trust (based in Worcestershire)
- Worcestershire Health and Care Trust (Sexual Health)
- NASUWT - the Teacher's Union
- Victim Support, Worcestershire
- HMP Hewell
- Artrix, Bromsgrove
- Barnardos, Bromsgrove
- St.Basils, Bromsgrove
- Core Assets and F.A.B. (Families Around Bromsgrove)
- New Road Parents Support Group, Bromsgrove
- Bromsgrove District Housing Trust
- West Mercia Police
For further information about this and other
equality and diversity initiatives contact us on 01527 534123
or send your enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org