LGB&T History Month 2013
LGB&T History Month is held in
February every year in the UK and Redditch Borough Council has
formed a partnership with other local authorities and community
organisations to create a programme of activities and initiatives
during the month.
The programme for 2013 has now concluded. You can download the information
leaflet here. You can download the
publicity flyer here.
The following events were held
- Friday 1st February – open event at The Town
Hall, introduced by Councillor Wanda King on behalf of the Mayor of
Redditch with guest speaker David Viney, Birmingham
- Wednesday 6th February - Pink Sou’westers
presented their annual LGB&T History Month “Queer Quiz”.
Contact them at email@example.com
or 07976 274271.
- Thursday 7th February – a free film and
social evening was held at Artrix, Bromsgrove with information
displays, and children’s activities.
- Saturday 16th February – film showing of
Beauty (18) at Artrix, Bromsgrove.
- Sunday 24th February – Gay Night at Fever,
Redditch. To Find out more see http://www.feverredditch.com/
- Book Displays of Lesbian, Gay and Bisexual
authors were held in Redditch Library and Bromsgrove
- In the Foyer, At Artrix, Bromsgrove,
photographic exhibition Otherness was on display throughout
The report on the outcomes for this year's LGB&T History Month
programme is available now - click here.
The 2013 programme was organised and supported
- Bromsgrove District Council Redditch Borough Council
- Redditch Borough Council
- North Worcestershire Hate Incident Partnership
- Bromsgrove and Redditch Libraries
- Fever, Redditch
- The Gender Trust (based in Worcestershire)
- Worcestershire Health and Care Trust (Sexual Health)
- NASUWT - the Teacher's Union
- Victim Support, Worcestershire
- HMP Hewell
- Artrix, Bromsgrove
- Barnardos, Bromsgrove
- St.Basils, Bromsgrove
- Core Assets and F.A.B. (Families Around Bromsgrove)
- New Road Parents Support Group, Bromsgrove
- Bromsgrove District Housing Trust
- West Mercia Police
For further information about this and other
equality and diversity initiatives contact us on 01527 534123
or send your enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org