You are here: Home Page > Business > Licences and street trading > Street Trading Consent

Street Trading Consent

Street trading in Redditch

If you want to sell items from a trailer or stall in a street, you need a street trading licence from the Council.

Street trading is defined as the selling, or exposing or the offering of any article for sale in the street (including a living thing).

This also applies to the supplying or the offering to supply any service in the street. ('In the street' means selling on a public highway, or within seven metres of it.

Street Trading Policyright arrow bluePDF Acrobat

Street Trading Standard Conditionsright arrow blue PDF Acrobat

Street Trading Information PackPDF Acrobat

Street Trading Application Form right arrow bluePDF Acrobat

Designated areas for Street Trading

Normally street trading licences will only be issued for designated areas within the town centre.  These are sites determined by the Council and are located within Market Place and Alcester Street.

Street trading licences required for other areas may require planning consent before they can be issued.  In order to enquire if a street trading licence can be issued on Council land then you will first need to contact Worcestershire Regulatory Services.

Prohibited Streets

If a street is designated as a “prohibited street” then a criminal offence is committed by any person engaging in street trading in that street.  

Prohibited Streets in Redditch PDF Acrobat

How to apply for a street trading licence

  1. If you would like to apply for a street trading licence please contact Licensing in the first instance on telephone 01527 881395 or email email icon
  2. An application form can be downloaded here.
  3. At least 2 weeks notice should be given when applying.
  4. With your application, you also need to provide evidence that you have public liability insurance to the value of £5 million and may need to supply a risk assessment.
  5. You will soon be able to apply on-line by using the on-line application form

Once we have issued the licence...

...we still reserve the right to revoke street trading consent after it has been granted. This may be for a variety of reasons such as:

  • non compliance with conditions
  • non payment, or
  • if agencies such as highways department require access to the trading location.


Fees & charges 2012-2013

Charitable street collections

If you wish to collect charitable donations, you should contact the Council’s Licensing Section.


Further Information

Will Tacit Consent Apply?

No. It is in the public interest that the authority must process your application before it can be granted. If you have not heard from us within a reasonable period, please contact us at the e-mail address listed below under contact details.

Target Completion Period:

The street trading licence will be issued or denied within 2 weeks of the date of application.

Regulation Summary:

Here is a summary of the regulation relating to this licence www

Contact Details:

Licensing  telephone 01527 881395 or email icon


Page Information
This page was last reviewed 21 November 2013 at 16:27 by Web Team.
The page is next due for review 20 May 2014.
Print Add to Favourites Facebook Twitter
Map of Worcestershire Bromsgrove District Council Malvern District Council Redditch Borough Council Worcester City Council Wychavon District Council Wyre Forest District Council
The county of Worcestershire includes the districts of:

Google Translate
Redditch Borough Council, The Town Hall, Walter Stranz Square, Redditch, B98 8AH - Directions to Council Offices